Mobility Exemption

If you are disabled or an organisation which transports disabled persons you may be entitled to a toll exemption for yourself and your vehicle when using the M6toll.

Our Mobility Exemption ONLY allows free passage for use on the M6toll when the registered disabled person is present in the registered vehicle as stated on the application form.  To claim exemption in our toll lanes, when requested please be prepared to show your M6toll Mobility Exemption Pass to a member of staff or by pressing the call for assistance button to enable your exemption to be verified, CCTV is in operation to assist in verification.

To qualify for exemption you must fulfill the application criteria.

If you think you may be eligible for our Mobility Exemption, you must apply to:- Midland Expressway Limited as only the M6toll Mobility Exemption Pass can be accepted in our toll lanes. 

Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your completed application form (which includes Terms & Conditions) to the address on the application form. To speak to us about Mobility Exemptions, please call our Mobility Exempt Team on 0330 660 0790

Important Customer Information effecting Mobility Exemption Pass (MEP) new and existing applicants

The Government's plans to replace the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for all recipients aged 16 to 64 with the new benefit called Personal Independence Payment (PIP), from the 8th April 2013, may effect your eligibility to entitlement of the M6toll Mobility Exemption Pass (MEP). 

Emergency Services (Police, Fire & Ambulance)

In accordance with the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994, M6toll exempt all livered Emergency Vehicles automatically.  All non-livered Emergency Vehicles should contact Customer Services on 0330 660 0790 for information on the correct procedure to be followed by your control room prior to use of the M6toll.


Ministry Of Defence (MOD)

In accordance with the Armed Forces Act 2006, M6toll grant exemption to members of the regular Armed Forces on duty, vehicles used in military service belonging to the Crown or other vehicles driven by people in the service of the Crown. 

Should you wish to apply for a Ministry Of Defence exemption pass please contact:-  

Charles J A Brickley
SO2 Defence Road Transport Policy, ACDS (Log Ops) - Joint User and Policy,

Larch 3B (#2309), NH2 Abbey Wood (South), BRISTOL BS34 8JH
Tel: 030679 80972  Mil: 9679 80972, Fax: 011791 33971, Mil: 9352 33971