Midland Expressway Limited are looking to recruit a permanent, reliable, Systems Technician into their Systems team. The candidate will have had experience of;
• Electro mechanical and electronic repairs,
• Maintaining, repairing and developing a diverse range of systems,
• Working alone and as part of a team,
As part of the role, a Systems Technician will maintain the live motorway lanes to ensure the M6toll is working to its maximum efficiencies to meet customer demand. The role includes;
• The working elements of the tolling lanes/function, including barriers, card readers, complex wiring and general scheduled maintenance of each lane.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate hands on maintenance and fault-finding experience of electrical / automation systems. It would be beneficial if candidates have had experience of working with Windows 7 OS.
Full training will be given, however a working knowledge of some of the following would be advantageous.
• CCTV (Analogue & IP)
• Electrical distribution (MCB, RCD, UPS’s)
• Electromechanical devices (barriers, card machines)
The role requires you to work one weekend in five, with a winter on call rota for a 4-month period. The role is permanent, 40 hours per week, and you will be expected to work on a rotational shift pattern; Monday to Friday, early and late shifts. This will include working Bank Holidays.
You must have a full driving licence, as you will be expected to drive Company vehicles when on shift.
You must have previous demonstrable experience of electronic, electro mechanical or mechanical maintenance.
The role requires Criminal Records Check clearance.
To apply, please forward your CV with a covering letter to M6tollhr@m6toll.co.uk and tell us why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position. Alternatively, download an application form. Closing date: 7th February 2020