If your vehicle is registered as ‘disabled’ on its V5C document, or you receive certain benefits where the Mobility Component is calculated at the Higher Rate, you may be able to use the M6toll free of charge* with a Mobility Exemption Pass.
The pass operates through our new automatic numberplate recognition (ANPR) system, which means you’ll be able to pass non-stop through the toll lanes, too.
You’ll need to show you’re in receipt of one of the following during the application process:
- V5 Vehicle Registration Document showing the vehicle registration number and the road tax classification ‘Disabled’
- A confirmation letter to claim vehicle road tax classification status of ‘Disabled’ and vehicle registration number under a Motability Vehicle Lease Agreement
- War pensioner mobility supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) by virtue of entitlement to the Mobility Component at the Higher Rate.
- Disability assistance for children and young people by virtue of entitlement to the Mobility Component at the Higher Rate.
- Personal Independent Payment (PIP) by virtue of entitlement to the Mobility Component at the Enhanced Rate.
For further information, view our Mobility Exemption Pass FAQs below or contact our Customer Service Team on 0330 660 0790.
*Application fee of £7 applies for a Mobility Exemption Pass.